Saturday, January 10, 2015

My Trip to England


So I went to England.





















That happened.








However let me start from the beginning. I am English. Well, I'm actually half English, half American. I'm not one of those people that say "I'm English" even though my family history spans farther than the history of America, I'm actually an English citizen. I have family in England, and I have an English passport.

I've been going to England since I was a baby. I, however, have not really gone to any fun part of England, nor have I been enjoying my experiences in England; I have been going to Yorkshire England.


Warning: These are the thoughts of me alone and do not in any way mean shit. I had bad experiences in England, sorry.

See as a kid, going to England was the most boring thing in the history of the world, which ironically, is where most western history has come out of. I had no one to play with, and I had nothing to do and no where to go. The scenic views of England were nice, but I cared less. Being a 8 year old child and trying to distract me with the beauty of England  was as successful as making Zoom work as a mp3 player.


Everyone I knew "oohed" and "aaahed" at the concept of going to England but they never, NEVER, got the chance to see it through my eyes. I literally, for two or so weeks, would sit in front of the tv and wonder when in hell was I going home. These were my trips to England. This was the reason why I didn't like to go to England. I experienced the real England, not the tourist England.






So this year was another year of going to England. Another year of doing nothing. Another year of having to deal with family that I couldn't stand. However this year I decided to document it. I think I will stretch this out for a couple of posts. I'll try to make a video, for those that don't like reading, and I'll give some tips on how to survive England, or, how to survive having to spend time with your family.





Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment