Sunday, March 31, 2013

Garobee Buffet in Gangnam

So I feel like I've been cheating on you...

I haven't been out a lot, but I have been to some vegan restaurants, and I haven't written about it.

I'm sorry

Yeah I'm super sorry about my own inconsistency. Truthfully I've been feeling like I've been cheating myself a lot. I've stopped reading, and I barely write in my blog, or write in general.

I'm going to try to change that.

What I am going to do is write a new entry every tuesday, thursday, and one of the weekend days. I figure I can remain true to myself, my vegan beliefs, and I could find a great way to collect my thoughts.

So first, I will talk about Garobee. 

Picture from trip advisor

Garobee is a 100% vegan buffet in the Gangnam area. Even though the term "buffet" reminds me too much of the fast food joint Souplantation, it is a regular thing here in Korea, and something you find everywhere. 

just like trash

However the problem with buffets in Korea, is that they offer mostly meat dishes, which, as you know, I really don't want.

just like trash

But Garobee is something different, it is something for me. Like I wrote before, Garobee is a 100% vegan buffet that offers healthy food for the morally conscious. 

OH YEAHHHHHHHH

I have been three times so far and I seen the usual stuff. There is a fake bulgogi that is made out of beans, a vegan curry fried rice, fried mushrooms with a sweet and sour sauce, fake cutlets, glass noodle chow mein, and my personal favorite, balsamic vinaigrette for your oh so scrumptious red leaf salad. 

I would like to rub that all over my mouth 
then eat it.

One of the major things I miss about leaving my beautiful California is the lack of vegetables. So whenever I am at a buffet place like this, I load up on the green. It's my drug. 

In the three times I've been here I've seen one thing change occasionally which is either the vegan fried bean curd, or the mushroom sushi.

I know that I've read some so so reviews about this place, but I really like it. The staff are friendly, and it's good to relax at a restaurant and not second guess what you eat. So if you ever show up in Gangnam, check it out. Get off the Gangnam station exit 11 and walk straight. Pass the UNIQLO and the Baskin Robins until you see a awkward divide that is connected to a parking lot. Turn right and walk up the alley. Then turn left. You should see a Irish pub on your left, and Garobee should be slightly further down on your right. Remember, LOOK UP TO FIND GAROBEE.YOU WON'T REGRET IT.

Would you eat at a vegan buffet?

No comments:

Post a Comment