Friday, June 7, 2013

China part three: The Great Wall

The main reason for the trip to china was for the Great Wall. I needed to see it. So far I had seen two of the Seven Wonders of the World, so the Great Wall had to be on the itineracy for the trip. 

This was the train station. There isn't much to say about this. There really isn't much to say about the Great Wall in general.







view from the train






view from the train



inside the train

inside the train

statue


We did something quite special to get up to the Great Wall. To get to the Great Wall there are two options: simply walk, or take a cable car. My friends and I decided to do the later.







When we arrived it was pretty surreal. I still haven't felt the effects. For some strange reason, I felt like the Great Wall was more like disneyland. I found the Great Wall to not be magical but somewhat fake.

I know there is actually a fake Great Wall, but still, it seemed so unusually unimpressive and impressive at the same time. 
















me becoming unimpressed 




chinese graffiti
























































I wanted to free the camel

art shot

art shot

art shot

pollution

art shot



and that's it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts and impressions.

    ReplyDelete