Sunday, May 19, 2013

Posts that needed to happen a lot sooner...

OK!

So I did something AMAZING this weekend! I went to the Great Wall of China! However I now realize I am way behind of my blogging. I haven't blogged about the art show, foods I've made, and other wonderful events that have happened in the past two weeks, so I think I'm going to just go on writing mode and make a ton of posts. So I'm going to start with the one that is the most dear to my heart, food.


So I am still continuing to make my own meals and try to be as healthy as I can. I go through phases where stir fries are the main focus then small salads become the focus afterwards. So far I have stopped using tofu in my diet and have been focusing more on grains and protein through vegetables. This is one of the meals I make.


  1. Israeli Cous Cous stir fry


Ingredients
  • israeli cous cous 
  • bok choy
  • onions
  • green peppers
  • Braggs Liquid Aminos
  • Nutritional Yeast
  • Coconut oil
Directions
Basically I would cook the israeli cous cous while I would fry the onions in coconut oil. Once the israeli cous cous is fully cooked, I would mix the israeli cous cous with the onions. I would throw some Nutritional Yeast to make it nice and crispy. I would throw in bok choy leaves as well as the green peppers. I would then end it off by sprinkling it off with some Bragg's Amino Liquids.

  2. Lotus Root stir fry



Ingredients
  • lotus root
  • enoki mushrooms
  • bok choi
  • onions
  • green peppers
  • Bragg's Liquid Aminos
  • Nutritional Yeast
  • Coconut Oil



Directions
Similar to the Israeli Cous Cous stir fry, I cook the Lotus roots first by frying them in coconut oil and amino liquids. Once they a crispy and tender, I set them aside and cook the onions in coconut oil. Once the onions are soft, I put in the lotus roots, enoki mushrooms, bell peppers and last bok choy. I throw in some  nutritional yeast and some more amino Liquids, and them I'm done, and Bob's my uncle.




I find it easy to cook a large portion because I am a lazy bastard, and I like to save some for school the next day.



Another thing I have been meaning to write is a sort of food observation of produce you can find in Seoul, South Korea. I thought, it might be easy for you the reader to see food options in Seoul, read the reviews, and see where you can buy it. This is one of my first ones.

Chocolate bread

 At the Achasan Loving Hut there are a significant amount of pastries and other vegan items to buy. Yes, you can buy things at most Loving Huts but the Achasan one seems to have the largest amount of things to buy. One of these items is the chocolate bread.

 While the chocolate bread isn't exactly nutritious, it is a good comfort food. The chocolate bread certainly has a good chocolate taste, and overall I liked the pastry. I probably won't buy it again because I think I need to take care of myself more.


You can possibly buy this at the local Loving Hut but if you can't find it, go to the Achasan Loving Hut.


I promise to write more soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment