Sunday, March 3, 2013

Walk with me in Dongdaemungu



Today I wanted to have a relaxing day so I decided to walk around my neighborhood. I won't have a lot of commentary, but I thought you might want to see it.

view from outside my apartment

and the trash

There are trash piles wherever you go. That really makes Seoul look completely unappealing. I don't understand why there aren't any trash bins. I think the reason why is that the building would be charged extra for the weight, however it would really make the neighborhood and Seoul, in general, look cleaner and neater.

If you think I am being dramatic, I'm not. There is a LOT of trash lying around.


 trash

more trash

more and more trash

too much trash

art! jk this is trash

But basically I don't have a scenic environment. It is all city. Big, nasty, ugly buildings are what I see every morning. I know I come from a city, but at least some of the buildings in Los Angeles were designed to be somewhat appealing.

here's one

close up of the first shot

So on my way to the school I work at, I always pass this market. Everyone says it is too expensive.

I don't know how to flip the picture

This is a picture of the main street.

on the left

on the right

This is a new discovery which has been dubbed "crab alley".

I wonder why?

Crab

I don't how to flip a picture

crab

 The "yes" club?


My vegan self just "loves" this







There is a river nearby my apartment so I thought it might be smart to take some pictures. 


I REALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO FLIP A PHOTO




At the park there are exercise machines that anyone can use. Seems like a smart idea to keep South Korea nice and skinny.



Not really the best looking area





I got a bit cold so I decided to walk back. Were my fingers a bit too red?





How much Kum Kang can you lift?


And that's it! It isn't so beautiful, and I most definitely plan on not living here that long. However I bet this will be fine for a year.

What do you think?







































No comments:

Post a Comment