Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pre-Travel Fears


I can honestly say I am scared.

In less than a week (Jan 26th) I will be moving to South Korea, a country where I most definitely do not speak the language, where I do not know anyone, and much worse, a area where I feel more uncertain about my future. I am forcefully taking the comfortable rug from beneath my feet, to land harshly in unknown territory. 

I get so nervous that I have started a habit of scratching myself. I don't know how it began but I've been really itchy and my body is getting the full brutal reaction of it. I think the whole ordeal is just overwhelming. Before, when I went to Peru, I had about two months to mentally prepare for my trip. However, I received a letter from my agency earlier this week informing me of my sudden departure January 26th. Even though I should be super excited, I think that fear and nervousness are taking control over my emotional state.

Right now I am just trying to calm down. Just breathe. 

Breathe Ellie Breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment