Friday, December 13, 2013

Summing Things Up In One Post

So I have been a bit quiet for a while. Mostly because I lost all hope in life.                  















just kidding.



















Actually the real reason behind my silence is because I lost my interest in the blog. It didn't seem fun anymore. It was tedious. The concept that I had to write about my travels and repeated things other travel journalists had written simply didn't excite me anymore. I didn't feel like I was writing in my voice but instead I was regurgitating something that wasn't natural. I couldn't be bothered to do something that made it feel more like a chore than a privilege.

However I don't want to feel like a quitter so I, for right now, will take an initiative to write more. This is a quick summary of what has happened so far since my last post.

In September I went to Japan (Kyoto and Tokyo) and celebrated the freedom of being a young adult on my own in a different country. However, despite my feeling of growing independence it did not discount the fact that felt, needless to say, lonely. Most trips are not fun if you don't share them with anyone. However Japan has a special place in my heart. It is a beautiful place with people who generally want to get to know you. Throughout my trip in Japan I had people talk to me about their country, had people physically walk me to the right bus stop despite the aspect that it was not at all where they needed to be, and overall, I met people that were welcoming and kind. Japan is a country with depth and personality that no country can compete with. Overall Japan is one of the best places I went to this year. Japan is like a happy face spider. It might look just like any other bug, but man it is has some awesome traits you'll never notice until you really look. 

I have also done several things in South Korea. I went to a place called Nami Island, I went to an abandoned mental hospital, I went to Busan, and I tried to enjoy myself with the MANY days I have left. What I keep trying to do is make my weekends FANTASTIC so that my weeks would seem better. 

I had a birthday which was awful. My boss yelled at me and I cried. Next year should be better. 

Pretty soon I will go to Thailand. I am doing a yoga retreat there. After that I got a month then I will go to India.

I will try to write what inspires me. Since that is the only way I can write about things.


No comments:

Post a Comment