Monday, February 11, 2013

I am a failure.... A Vegan failure...

This week has been horrible in the vegan department. So horrible that I have been eating vegetarian.


duh duh DUHHHH

And believe me, I have been feeling sick because of it.

I've been so congested, so blocked up that I've been regretting every drink every bite like a business executive does after he comes out of a whorehouse.

But seriously I don't feel good. 

I don't know how vegetarians do it. It seems so hard to do. I feel icky and gross and I have the worst headache ever. 

Honestly this week I have to go vegan or zilch. 

But I've had other failures, mostly adventure failures. The first was the vegan bakery Veggie Holic.



Not my picture...Alien's Day Out's picture. I never found 
this

Saturday February 10,
This place sounded like heaven based on Alien's day out blog post here --> http://aliensdayout.com/2012/10/veggie-holic-bakery-new-location.html

I seriously follow this blogger like a golden god. It sounded perfect, vegan croissants, vegan bread, vegan yogurt, vegan godliness. I was so excited to go. I mapped out the subway route, I got a lot of money together, I was set. I even made it to the exact destination... or what I thought was the exact destination. For about a hour in the cold, I walked around random alleys and streets and found nothing. NOTHING. I know it is hidden in a secret street but I literally couldn't find it. When my phone died, I had to go back to the apartment in defeat. I came back to Dongdaemun as a failure. I thought it would be different today, I was wrong. 

Sunday February 11, Today I wanted to go to Loving Hut in Yonsei University. BOY WAS THAT A TOTAL FAILURE. I arrived at 3:45 and I saw a sign that said "Break time 3:30-4:30". So, I waited to 4:30.

still closed.

I waited to 5:00

still closed.

I got their number and had a soy latte at starbucks. I called them after maybe around 6:30

still closed.

What became evident was that this was not my three day weekend. I was not lucky  but MAN next weekend will be my day. I went to this mandu (dumpling) place afterwards with a friend because she told me it was vegan. 

Turns out there was eggs in it. I was so hungry that I ate it.

I feel sick :(


It has been a unlucky weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment